Nano-Imprägnierung für Fassaden
Nanotol forms an invisible and value-preserving protective layer on mineral facades.
The impregnation reduces moisture and moss growth and ensures a clean appearance for many years.
DIY - Nano impregnation for facades
Why to nano-coat facades? Nanotol nano coating is an invisible, hydrophobic coating that can be applied to any mineral facade or facade paint that absorbs water. The surface repels water and dirt, but remains permeable to water vapour. The adhesion of dirt particles is reduced, so that rain has a self-cleaning effect. Dirt rolls off with the rain. The simple application on facade paint has many advantages!
Reduces moisture penetration, thus moss and mould formation
Less expensive than a facade paint with lotus effect
Protects not only the facade paint, but also the masonry and plaster
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces
- Facades of concrete, brick, clinker, clay
- Mineral facade plaster
- Mineral paint
- Cement, gypsum, yton
A product for all water-absorbing mineral surfaces.
Nanotol coated facades stay new for longer because dirt is repelled and discoloration does not appear.
Easy to apply
- No solvents, no odor
- Spray on the clean surface
- Allow to dry for 24 hours
Coating with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces is quick and easy.
Water and dirt repellent
Rain rolls off .
Nanotol penetrates deep into the facade paint and the substrate and coats the inside of the stone pores with nanoparticles. Raindrops can therefore no longer penetrate. Rain beads off and takes dirt particles with it.
No optical change of the surface.
Intelligent recoating of a facade without changing the appearance.
Extends the life span of the facade.
The cost of impregnation with Nanotol is only about 30% of the cost of a facade paint with lotus effect and extends the life span for many years.
Protection from moss
Water can no longer enter the surface.
Dust and dirt lying on the surface are therefore no longer carried into the stone. Since the stone is not moist, moss growth is deprived of the basis for life.
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces in various sizes
The Protector can be used universally on all open-pored stones and its mineral paint. The only prerequisite is that water can penetrate so that the nano-impregnation can get into the stone. Depending on the size of the surface to be impregnated, we therefore offer different sizes.
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 20 qm
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 100 qm
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 500 qm
How to nano-coat your roof tiles with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces
These steps are necessary
- Check the surface for loose or damaged parts.
- Remove moss and dust.
- Spray Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces evenly on the clean surface. Repeat this while the surface is still wet (wet on wet) to reach any imperfections. 1 Liter is enough for roughly 20 qm.
- Allow the nano-coating to dry and cure for 24 hours. During this time it should not rain.
- high hydrophobicity + oleophobicity
- strong anti-adhesion properties
- easy-to-clean effect for deposits of airborne contaminants
- invisible (layer thickness: 100 to 150 nm)
- solvent-free and odorless
- chemical resistant
- curing at room temperature. no additional energy or UV light required
- resistant to high-pressure cleaning (50 to 60 bar)
- high efficiency due to economical consumption
- high temperature resistance and UV stability
- absolute frost resistance
- no cracking due to ice
- very strong reduction of moss and fungus formation
Roof tiles, facades, paving stones, tiles, balcony, terrace or garage become water and dirt repellent
More interesting things to read about our Protector for mineral surfaces
How can I find out if Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces is suitable for my surface?
There is a simple drop test to check this out:
- drop water on the surface you want to protect
- wait and see if the water can penetrate
- if the water does not penetrate on its own, you can apply a little pressure (sponge, cloth, brush).
If the surface has absorbed the water, then Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces can also penetrate and attach itself. You can nano-coat your surface with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces.
Nanotol is not suitable if the water could not penetrate. There might be already a coating on the surface or the surface is closed, e.g. glazed, so it cannot absorb water. In this case, Nanotol, too, can not penetrate and would not work.
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces has been tested and certified
- It meets the requirements of the § 30 und 31 LFGB* and the European Regulation (EC) No.: 1935/2004.
* German Food, Article and Feed Law Book. The test confirms that surfaces coated with Nanotol do not emit any substances and are harmless in direct contact with foodstuffs.
Can you use Nanotol to seal a wall or floor, e.g. garage or terrace?
When a floor has been sealed, it is often meant that water can no longer penetrate afterwards. Colloquially, "sealing" in the construction industry is something different than, for example, impregnation. A sealed floor is then closed against the penetration of water.
Nanotol is not suitable for that!
Nanotol nano-coating penetrates deep into the stone and covers the inside of individual pores with nanoparticles. After drying, the nanoparticles remain and coat each individual pore of the stone from the inside.
- Rainwater runs off very easily when the stone is sloped.
- However, the surface remains breathable and dries quickly.
- Moss growth is reduced due to the lack of moisture.
- Moisture in masonry is reduced
- Mold growth is reduced.
BUT: If you want to completely prevent water from penetrating even when puddles form, you need a protective sealing layer and not a nano-coating.
General questions about Nanotol
Here are questions that do not concern a specific application with Nanotol:
How long does Nanotol Nano-coating last on the facade?
Nanotol is only removed by abrasion. Without abrasion, the effect of the coating lasts at least 10 years. Abrasion is caused by wind and rain. On a side facing away from the weather, abrasion is less than on the side facing the weather. Therefore, a general statement about the duration of the effect cannot be made without further ado.
Is it possible to use this nano coating against water penetration?
No, Nanotol for mineral surfaces cannot be used against water penetration.
What is the best way to clean a facade that has been coated with Nanotol?
Nanotol makes the facade dirt repellent. Therefore, the facade can be cleaned very easily. Usually a rain shower is enough. This can also be done with a garden hose or high-pressure cleaner. The Nanotol nano-coating is not affected by this.