DIY - Nano impregnation for terrace stones, balcony, garage
Nanotol is an invisible impregnation for mineral floor coverings. The nano-coating reduces green film, moss growth, pollution and frost damage. Due to the beading effect, rainwater runs off when the floor is sloped, the surface dries faster.
Prolongs the life span
Visually enhances the surface
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces
- paving stones made of natural stone, cement or concrete
- flagstones, granite, basalt
- screed, cement
A product for all water-absorbing mineral surfaces.
Nanotol nano-coated mineral floors stay new for longer because dirt is repelled and discoloration does not appear.
Easy to apply
- No solvents, no odor
- Spray on the clean surface
- Allow to dry for 24 hours
Coating with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces is quick and easy.
The stone dries faster.
Nanotol penetrates deep into the stone and coats the inside of the stone pores with nanoparticles. Rainwater runs off at a slope floor before it can penetrate.
No optical change of the surface.
The surface of the stone looks like before.
breathable and resistant
No cracking due to ice because water has accumulated. Chemical resistant, solvent-free and odorless.
Protection from moss
Water can no longer get into the surface .
Moss growth is difficult because the stone is less moist and the basis of life of the moss is thus withdrawn.
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces in various sizes
The Protector can be used universally on all open-pored stones and its mineral paint. The only prerequisite is that water can penetrate so that the nano-impregnation can get into the stone. Depending on the size of the surface to be impregnated, we therefore offer different sizes.
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 20 qm
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 100 qm
Depending on absorbency, sufficient for approx. 500 qm
How to nano-coat balcony, terrace and other stone floors with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces
These steps are necessary
- Remove moss, dust and dirt.
- Let the floor dry completely.
- Spray Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces evenly on the clean surface. Repeat this while the surface is still wet (wet on wet) to reach any imperfections. 1 Liter is enough for roughly 20 qm.
- Allow the nano-coating to dry and cure for 24 hours. During this time it should not rain.
- high hydrophobicity + oleophobicity
- strong anti-adhesion properties
- easy-to-clean effect for deposits of airborne contaminants
- invisible (layer thickness: 100 to 150 nm)
- solvent-free and odorless
- chemical resistant
- curing at room temperature. no additional energy or UV light required
- resistant to high-pressure cleaning (50 to 60 bar)
- high efficiency due to economical consumption
- high temperature resistance and UV stability
- absolute frost resistance
- no cracking due to ice
- very strong reduction of moss and fungus formation
Roof tiles, facades, paving stones, tiles, balcony, terrace or garage become water and dirt repellent
More interesting things to read about our Protector for mineral surfaces
How can I find out if Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces is suitable for my surface?
There is a simple drop test to check this out:
- drop water on the surface you want to protect
- wait and see if the water can penetrate
- if the water does not penetrate on its own, you can apply a little pressure (sponge, cloth, brush).
If the surface has absorbed the water, then Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces can also penetrate and attach itself. You can nano-coat your surface with Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces.
Nanotol is not suitable if the water could not penetrate. There might be already a coating on the surface or the surface is closed, e.g. glazed, so it cannot absorb water. In this case, Nanotol, too, can not penetrate and would not work.
Nanotol Protector for mineral surfaces has been tested and certified
- It meets the requirements of the § 30 und 31 LFGB* and the European Regulation (EC) No.: 1935/2004.
* German Food, Article and Feed Law Book. The test confirms that surfaces coated with Nanotol do not emit any substances and are harmless in direct contact with foodstuffs.
Can you use Nanotol to seal a wall or floor, e.g. garage or terrace?
When a floor has been sealed, it is often meant that water can no longer penetrate afterwards. Colloquially, "sealing" in the construction industry is something different than, for example, impregnation. A sealed floor is then closed against the penetration of water.
Nanotol is not suitable for that!
Nanotol nano-coating penetrates deep into the stone and covers the inside of individual pores with nanoparticles. After drying, the nanoparticles remain and coat each individual pore of the stone from the inside.
- Rainwater runs off very easily when the stone is sloped.
- However, the surface remains breathable and dries quickly.
- Moss growth is reduced due to the lack of moisture.
- Moisture in masonry is reduced
- Mold growth is reduced.
BUT: If you want to completely prevent water from penetrating even when puddles form, you need a protective sealing layer and not a nano-coating.
General questions about Nanotol
Here are questions that do not concern a specific application with Nanotol:
How long does Nanotol Nano-coating last on stone floors?
Nanotol is only removed by abrasion. Without abrasion, the effect of the impregnation lasts at least 10 years. Abrasion is caused by wear and tear when the floor is often walked on or driven over. Abrasion in frequently used areas, such as the entrance of a terrace, is greater than in corners. But wind and weather also contribute to wear and tear. A general statement about the duration of the effect can therefore not be made easily.
However, heavily frequented areas can be recoated without any problems. Simply re-impregnate them every 2-3 years. The nano-coating only penetrates where the impregnation was worn. Only very little of Nanotol is needed for this.
Is it possible to use this nano coating against water penetration?
No, Nanotol for mineral surfaces cannot be used against water penetration.
How to clean a stone floor that has been impregnated with Nanotol?
Nanotol is resistant to chemicals and high-pressure cleaners. You can clean the floor after impregnation with Nanotol as you have done before. Nanotol has strong non-stick properties. You will nitice that cleaning after a Nanotol coating will be much faster and easier.