How does Nanotol make a sustainable contribution to combating climate change?
Every year thousands of tons of detergents are sold in Germany alone. Despite the laws for environmental compatibility of detergents and cleaners, the environmental pollution increases steadily due to the increase of consumed detergents.
Our contribution to climate protection
With the expansion of Nanotol, CeNano has succeeded to counteract this development. A surface coated with Nanotol can be cleaned without the use of tensides and – depending on the level of stress exposure – dirt, fat and dust can be cleaned just with water (without cleaning agents) for months up to years. This is a way to really relieve the environment instead of only limiting the increase of damages.
- A surface coated with Nanotol can be cleaned without the use of tensides for months up to years.
- Nanotol contains no fragrance or dyes, no alcohol or chlorine and is made mostly from naturally renewable raw materials.
- Nanotol is manufactured by a German family business and distributed directly. This means that goods are delivered directly from the manufacturer to the consumer and are not sold separately through wholesalers and retailers. This not only reduces the price for end customers, but also the transport of the goods requires considerably lower CO² emissions.
- Due to the excellent quality of our products, we also achieve a return rate of below one per thousand.
- Nanotol is food safe, hygienic and biodegradable. (Most dishwashing products are not even food safe)
Easy, rapid and complete biodegradability (OECD 301)
According to the OECD guidelines, an easy, rapid and complete biodegradability was confirmed in the surfactants of nanotol products. A complete degradation means that the surfactants are decomposed in small and simple basic elements within the specified time. At the end only carbon dioxide (C02), water (H20), mineral salts and biomass is left.
Certified according to §30 + 31 LFGB
Nanotol Cleaner and Protector were tested by LGA (TÜV Rheinland Group) according to the guidelines of §31 LFGB* in 2006. In 2018 the test was expanded to §30 LFGB and VO(EU)Nr.10/20118. Nanotol Protector (coating) is kind to skin. The product line Nanotol Textile (formerly CeNano Textol, CeNano Textol Pro and CeNano Textol Ultra), and the product line Nanotol Mineral Surfaces (formerly CeNano Portol, CeNano Portol Pro and CeNano Portol Anti Graffiti), meet the requirements of the § 30 and 31 LFGB* and the European Regulation (EC) No.: 1935/2004. Nanotol Textile Protector has been tested for harmful substances and certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Hohenstein Textile Testing Institute (Germany) www.oeko-tex.com/standard100 (12.0.13919).
* German Food, Article and Feed Law Book. The test confirms that surfaces coated with Nanotol do not emit any substances and are harmless in direct contact with foodstuffs.
Prove of hygiene by Fresenius
SGS Institute Fresenius has confirmed the hygienic effect (germinating activity test for Staphilococcus aureus) of the combination products Nanotol Cleaner and Protector as well as 2in1. ATP bioluminescence measurements* proofed that surfaces cleaned with Nanotol Cleaner are almost hygienically clean and surfaces coated with Nanotol Protector remain hygienically clean, respectively become hygienically clean just with water. This also applies to all combination products such as Nanotol Car, Boat & Leisure 2in1, Nanotol Household 2in1, Nanotol Sanitary 2in1 and Nanotol Displays & Glasses 2in1.
* ATP measurements are evidence controls during hygiene monitoring of cleaning processes.